Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Build this!


Yep, Microsoft's Build conference is just around the corner and yours truly is one if the attendees.

I had a hard time figuring out if I wanted to attend this mega-event or not, mainly because I didn't know (and still don't) what content it's including. I struggled (first world problem, I know) between Build and VS Live (in Redmond) in which the latter has had a published agenda for some time now. Finally, I searched deep within me, meditated and shit, and came to the conclusion that one of the major reasons I like going to events like this, besides great sessions, is the networking (with people, not binary data) and participating in good discussions etc. Based on that everybody and their grandma is going, I wanted in.

Agenda is still pretty much hidden away from us mortals. We do know there will be sessions, and some attendee parties, but that's about it.

We also know that it's going to be mostly about Windows 8. Even though I don't really care so much about the actual OS (yes, tiles, wow) , I do care about developing for it, and I'm excited to hear about the potential native XAML  stuff and see how MS is planning .NET and Silverlight to be part of the show.

Stay tuned


No comments:

Post a Comment